Julie Thayer Yoga - Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
If at any time during the class, you feel discomfort or strain, gently come out of the posture. You may rest at any time during the class. It is important in yoga that you listen to your body and respect its limits on any given day.
By accepting the following waiver of liability, I hereby agree to the following:
1. I understand that yoga includes physical movements as well as an opportunity for relaxation, stress re-education and relief of muscular tension. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be fully eliminated. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body, discontinue the activity. I will continue to breathe smoothly. I assume full responsibility for all damages, which may incur through participation and attendance on-line, and I waive all liability of Julie Thayer Yoga and the Instructor (Julie Thayer).
2. I understand that Yoga is not a substitute for medical intervention, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. Yoga is not recommended, and is not safe, under certain medical conditions. By accepting this agreement, I affirm that a licensed physician has verified my good health and physical condition to participate in yoga classes and / or related courses / coaching / mentorship.
3. If I am pregnant, become pregnant or I am post-natal or post-surgical, my signature verifies that I have my physician’s approval to participate. I also affirm that I alone am responsible to decide whether to practice yoga and participation is at my own risk. I hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims that I have now or may have hereafter against the Instructor (Julie Thayer) and all related affiliates for any personal injury or negligence.
4. In addition, I will inform the Instructor (Julie Thayer) in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any health-related issues I have that may affect me whilst participating in the class.
5. Julie Thayer Yoga and the Instructor (Julie Thayer) are not in any way responsible for any loss or damage of your personal property.
6. I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive any claim I may have against the Instructor (Julie Thayer) or Julie Thayer Yoga and its affiliated programs, or any of its staff, for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the class. I, my heirs, and legal representatives, forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Instructor (Julie Thayer) / Julie Thayer Yoga and its affiliate programs for any injury or death caused by negligence or other acts.
If any portion of this release from liability shall be deemed by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, then the remainder of this release from liability shall remain in full force and effect and the offending provision or provisions severed here from. I have carefully read and fully understand and agree to the above terms of this Liability Waiver Agreement. I am accepting this agreement voluntarily and recognize that my acceptance serves as complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and that it cannot be changed orally.
I acknowledge that I have had ample opportunity before accepting this Form to get independent legal advice about it.
Those under 18 years of age must have this form accepted by a parent or guardian.
Updated: August 2020